Sunday, January 24, 2010

Why does my cat sit in the bath tub when no ones looking but when you catch her she acts...?

like she wasnt doing nothing and looks at you like ';well how did i get in here'; and meows realy loud as if to say i ';swear i wasnt drinking from the faucet'; why would she do that?Why does my cat sit in the bath tub when no ones looking but when you catch her she acts...?
Oh, my goodness, she wants to play!





My little one jumps in the bath and we play ';peek-a-boo';, where I say, ';I can see you!'; and she hunkers down so that I can't see her eyes. Then I go up again, she goes down, and we play with a ball that I throw in the bath.





She just wants to play. Throw a ball, or play with a piece of string in the bath until she gets tired!Why does my cat sit in the bath tub when no ones looking but when you catch her she acts...?
That is typical of a cat! I had a cat that did the same sort of thing, what I did was to purchase a fountain drinking system. The cat loved it but also bathed in it as well.
Thats funny my cat do that too but when you catch them they run!!!! We just started to close the bathroom door and they forgot all about it!!!
Cats enjoy being in forbidden places.
I have a cat that does something similar, especially if the bathtub is still real wet after a bath or shower. I always interpreted it as her showing just how daring and brave she is--jumping into a tub that at any time could suddenly have water all over the place! My cat doesn't necessarily want the tap turned on (sometimes she'll drink and usually it's more like biting the water, more often she ignores the tap and just wants to walk around in the wetness or just in the dry tub), she just seems to like to show me that she may be little but she's got guts (sort of like those folks who will lie down in the middle of a highway when it's basically deserted in the middle of the night but during the day is buzzing with traffic).
We have 5 cats, and they wouldn't have it any other way. We keep the tub running at a low drip/stream level. All but one drinks from it.





They also use the water dish when they are really thirsty, but they get so much enjoyment out of the running water. Typically, they will be so proud and walk over to us.. rubbing their wet heads on us. :)





I don't care what my water bill is, if it makes them that happy.. I'm all for it.
Well cats have fur and when its hot they like to sit somewhere cool like the tiles in the bathroom or the bath tub.Dont worry she is cooling herself.
HA HA HA HA! You have a very impressive cat! Its not fun to drink from the fountain if you get caught doing it! You're bath tub is your cat's private watering garden!
My cat prefers drinking from the faucet. When he is thirsty he will jump into the tub and miau until I come and turn it on just a trickle. Then he drinks his fill and leaves. If I were you I would try giving my cat fresher water, or, if you can afford it, one of those fountain drinking dishes that circulate the water all the time.
That's hilarious!


Maybe she prefers running water instead of a water dish.


Thanks for the laugh.
I dont know why shed be like that but my cat buzz sometimes drinks from the tap in the kitchen but sometimes if the sinks empty i turn it on for him.
one of our cats does this also, just sits in the tub in the dark
Hilarious.I catch our kittens in the bath tub. They believe it is okay to do their business in there.
THAT IS SOOOOO FUNNY!!!


I've had several cats over the years, but never experienced one like yours. I had a few that liked too sleep in the bathroom sink, but they never looked guilty when you caught them. I had a kitten who was very curious about the bathtub and would jump up on the edge when I was in it. she finally jumped in one time, seemed very surprised but not upset. Later on I took her to my parents house who had a pool. Put her in and she loved it! She could swim real good too!


As for your cat....Did you scold her when you caught her? Is she allowed to do this? That would be the only reason I could think of. Unless ....


Cats are very smart, Do you think maybe she was embarrassed because cats aren't suppose to like water and knowing this she felt as though she was caught doing an unlikely thing for a cat to do. ?? LOL


Does she have any other strange habits that are ';cat unlikely';? Too bad cats can't talk. I for one would love to hear what your cat had to say!!


Great question
That's hilarious! :) Cats are such entertainment. I don't know why she'd do it other than knowing that she got caught doing something she's not supposed to be doing and has no other way out than to look innocent.





This question cracked me up! :)
I have seven cats and four kittens and my cats love to drink running water. They always have a supply of water but they choose to sit and the tap and meow till i turn the tap on... my cats prefer running water maybe thats your cats problem..... or maybe she wants to take a swim ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment