Friday, January 22, 2010

Taking a tub bath at 36 weeks?

I know that taking a tub bath while pregnant is okay as long as it's not too hot but i have also heard that most Dr's don't want you to take them after a certain point because if your water breaks you won't know. i go to the dr on thursday for my 36 week and will be asking but i was just wondering if anyone else knew the do's and dont's. sorry this is my first...she is head down ready to go....i'm just a little nervous.Taking a tub bath at 36 weeks?
First.. congrats. =]


Second.. If your water breaks you'll start to have contractions, and you'll know if you're going into labor... Which usually takes a while with the first baby.





Good luck and congrats. =]Taking a tub bath at 36 weeks?
I would take the bath and enjoy it! Also, I think you'd know if your water broke because it's like a gush - you'd feel some random flow between your legs. But, some women don't even know when their water breaks - for instance, if the baby's head is blocking the way for the water to go out, it could trickle out.





Take the bath - you will miss it once your little angel arrives.
Honey you'd have to take a REALLY long bath for you not to notice that your water has broken... and that bath would end with a baby. You leak constantly until your baby is born. Plus, a very small percentage of women have their water break before the onset of actual labor. So, if you're not having active labor contractions, take your bath and fear not. Enjoy it while you can!
if you take one hot as you can stand you can induce labor, which my dr told me to do as soon as i hit 38 weeks. but you can take a bath. if you notice a smell then you probably broke your water but to me a bath is easier while pregnant. just have the dad help you get back up and out of the tub. but to me standing is always painful so the tub feels nice. never been told i couldn't and this is my third kid.





by the way my son's b day is the 5th of Nov. so congrats. i know it is a pain being pregnant all summer. this one is due dec 1st but is about to pop now.
Take the bath! You will know if your water breaks because it will leak continuously after you get out of the bathtub. Many women labor and/or deliver in the water and one bath isn't going to cause any problems. It will relax you and make you feel better - go for it. As you said, not too hot though.
I had baths the whole time.. My waters didnt break until 35mins b4 i gave birth and u will know if they break its like a whole lot of pressure.. i guess every1 is different but thats how it was 4 me.. my bub was head down and ready to go from about 33 weeks so u should b fine.. good luck with ur birth!
I've never heard that you won't know that your water has broke.





I was told not to take a bath after your water breaks. Something about the water being able to spread bacteria.





Enjoy the bath!
The chance that your water will break is pretty minimal. And when your water breaks it usually keeps leaking, so even after you've dried off completely stuff would still be leaking. It's a great way to relax, and I took lots of opportunities to have a nice bath...because it will be a while after having baby that you'll be able to have one. And you aren't full term yet anyways; 37 weeks is full term.





My water did break, but it wasn't in a bath. I actually felt a sort of 'pop' so I think I would have known even if I couldn't feel the water.
  • dermatologist acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment