Sunday, January 24, 2010

I get hot water every place but my upstairs bath tuB ?

My first thought is that your hot water supply valve for the tub is shut off 鈥︹€hen again it would be a bad valve or a malfunctioning fixture.


Have you had hot water previously?


Has anybody worked on the upstairs plumbing?I get hot water every place but my upstairs bath tuB ?
Unlikely but you might have a different hot water system for upstairs and it might be turned off. My best guess is you have one of those gas instant hot water systems but it鈥檚 off. It should be close by like outside on a veranda or in a laundry close to the bath room.I get hot water every place but my upstairs bath tuB ?
if you have a thermostatically controlled tub/shower valve ie Delta monitor, moen positemp, or some other brand, then it can be set so that water will not get above a certain temperature. Most are adjustable. How is depending on which brand.
the second floor riser valve is probably shut off or it was not piped or it just takes a while for the hot water to get there. open just the hot water valve at the tub only for ten minutes and if it is still cold check below
Do you have a mixing valve on the supply? Sometimes the valve goes bad and only allows cold water

No comments:

Post a Comment