Sunday, January 24, 2010

My small dog is afraid of running water and bath tubs?

My Yorkie is very scared of running water and bath tubs. Everytime I try to give him a bath, he runs away. When I put him in the tub, he is very anxious and whines and trys to get out. He ends up making a huge mess. I want him to not be afraid. Help!My small dog is afraid of running water and bath tubs?
Oh I love this question. My dog has the same problem. I think its because she was on the streets during her puppyhood and she always made a mess! What we did to avoid the mess is that we tied her to a fence pole outside and sprayed her with the hose. After that when it started to get cold outside, we gave her baths inside and she did fine. Just give her a little time, she'll came around! Good luck!My small dog is afraid of running water and bath tubs?
Try the kitchen sink use a plastic cup, if you have a double sink fill both sides with water before you put your pup in. Use the cup and clean water from opposite sink to rinse. No running water the sink won't feel as big and she's closer to you, feeling safer.
probably...he hates water...i think its natural...my dogs too have the same problem...they hate water...
put just a bit of water in the tub, enough to cover his feet. Put a rug or heavy towel on the bottom. sit in the tub with him.





the dog is scared of anything new, especailly if it makes noise and feels strange.





I had my house retiled and my litlle dog was afraid to step on the tiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment