Thursday, May 13, 2010

Undermount bath tub....?

looking for an undermount bath, that I can set in wood or granite etc, (not inset), anyone know of any uk suppliers?


have looked on the rest of the wide interweb world but am struggling.......Undermount bath tub....?
We normally use Kaldewei (steel) or Bette (also steel) which comes with a flat, rather than rolled rim, which you cut the stone to fit on the top. For greater support you can use a regular flat flange - and if you overhang the stone, you don't see the rim on the outside.Undermount bath tub....?
I am not absolutely sure what an undermount bath is, however if it is a sunken bath, and you have children, be very careful, as there is a real danger of them falling in.


In the past I have removed several installations that were sunken.
Kohlor makes an undermount tub, and you use stone or other surface to finish off the inside edge. It is not a cheap product and the labor on the stone-work is costly. We have done lots of them and they are very good looking.
I have sen under mount sinks and I have seen cement tubs. But I have never seen or heard of an under mount tub.





I will watch your ';tub'; with great interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment